Did you know?
25% of all Canadians will develop heart disease
11% of women will develop breast cancer
11% of men will develop prostate cancer
Every year, as many as 50,000 Canadians have a stroke
Every year, 70,000 Canadians have a heart attack
Staggering statistics. What’s more, with the continual advancement in medical care, people suffering these critical illnesses are living longer with their condition. Longer lifespans mean greater financial support is required to get the best treatment, work toward recovery, and maintain quality of life.
Expenses you may hear as much about, but can add up quickly, include:
- Treatments not covered by OHIP
- Hospital parking fees
- Gas / wear and tear on your vehicle getting to and from appointments
- Food and accommodations if you need to be away from home
- Lost wages not only of the personal who is sick, but by the caregiver as well
Unfortunately, too many Canadians are left to fend for themselves due to lack of proper insurance. Here are five reasons to protect your financial nest egg against critical illness and avoid:
- Blowing through your hard-earned savings
- Going into debt with a bank loan
- Having to sell your home
- Dipping into your RRSP
- Borrowing money from family or friends
What can critical illness insurance benefits be used toward?
The cold, hard truth of the matter is that critical illness can strike anyone at any time. It’s not reserved for the elderly, or the immunocompromised. Critical illness insurance can be used to not only help you recover, but to help your family care for you during recovery as well.
Critical illness insurance can be used to cover:
- Childcare costs
- International treatment
- Lost wages and leaves of absence
- Prescription medications
- Household or vehicle modification
- Debt repayments
- Nursing care in-home or at a facility
Don’t be caught off guard. Protect yourself and your loved ones with critical illness insurance. Getting started is easy. Request your custom quote from Dennis Financial today.